Monday 10 January 2011

BTEC ASSIGNMENTS 2008/2010

7 Deadly Sins
[triptych.jpg]
Shown above is a collection of images from an Image Manipulation assignment during photography lessons. I was encouraged to chose my own theme, and from the word "go" I knew I wanted to use the "7 Deadly Sins"- as i knew i could go in so many different ways to portray each sin. Above is the triptych for "Envy", inspired by a quote from Dantes' Comedy of Errors: a subtle perception of the sin. I painted day-of-the-dead style patterning on my face, and eyes on my closed eyelids (left)- the images were then manipulated in Photoshop, where i added a texture behind each image- to create the grungy effect shown.

[photopages.jpg]
These pictures are of my "7 Deadly Sins" hand created photobook. the book was made using collage, burning/staining, and then presentation of my triptych photographs.
Sketchbook Pages
[sketch.jpg]
This is a selection of development pages from some of my sketchbooks. I throughly enjoy sketchbook work, as i love doodling, and creating little sketches of ideas.

Album Cover Design
[simian.jpg]
This assignment consisted of creating collage pieces, they were then scanned into Photoshop, and manipulated to desired effect, to then be used as mock up album covers.

Magazine Cover Re-Design

[FINAL_4.jpg]

The aim of this assignment was to re-design the logos and front covers of existing Pop Culture magazines. I planned and took my own photographs, and then manipulated them to be incorporated into my cover pieces.

Music Festival Poster

[Festival.jpg]

This is my final outcome design, for an advertorial assignment, to publicize a music festival. it incorporates my own hand drawn artwork, placed upon a textured background. I really like the composition- I think it flows really nicely.

3D Work
[box_and_sleeve.jpg]
The project brief for this assignment was to design and create box and sleeve/insert constructions.
I was encouraged to used my own imagery, illustrations, and other handmade graphics

Screen Printing
[2a.jpg]
Shown here are two pieces from a screen printing assignment- the reason I like these particular prints is because I think the colours are extremely visually pleasing. One print is placed on a plain card background, and the other on a collage background. I really enjoyed experimenting with colour and texture within this project.
[1a.jpg]
Shown above are some developmental pieces created during my screen printing assignment. They show a variety of mixed medias; printing inks, canvas, parcel paper, acetate.



No comments:

Post a Comment